-
May 17th, 2004, 06:01 PM
#11
Inactive Member
i know that if i were to go to the time/money/effort of upgrading my pistons, i would upgrade the rods without a doubt. it would be so much work to do it again down the road when you realize rods would have been a good idea. one less thing to worry about...
-
May 17th, 2004, 07:41 PM
#12
Inactive Member
I heard the stock rods are good to about 350whp and the pistons are good to 300whp.
-
May 17th, 2004, 11:55 PM
#13
Inactive Member
vague whp cut-off specifications like that are nothing more than useless.
-
May 18th, 2004, 01:49 AM
#14
Inactive Member
Well if a JRSCed Integra Type-R can do 11psi(dyno on hondata's website) why can't I run the pistons and do 10psi.
-
May 18th, 2004, 02:42 AM
#15
Inactive Member
10.6:1 CR versus 11:1
and ITR rods are stronger. and crank, but all honda cranks are nothing to scoff at.
-
May 18th, 2004, 10:03 AM
#16
Inactive Member
OK. you guys convinced me what compression forged pistions 10.5:1, 10.6:1 higher or lower
Who makes the best rods and pistions Eagle Crower ect.
-
May 18th, 2004, 01:42 PM
#17
Inactive Member
CP pistons seem to be the favorite right now. As far as rods go the Eagles are nice for a good price, though I would recomend getting them with the ARP studs...or if you have a little extra cash I would step up to the crowers.
-
May 18th, 2004, 03:30 PM
#18
Senior Hostboard Member
FYI: The ITR engine that appears on the Hondata website was in desperate need of a rebuild JUST before it was stolen. I know the owner and he said it was smoking quite a bit and the ring blow-by was significant.
Moral of the story: ANYONE can make a pretty dyno sheet... but that doesn't mean that the engine lasted for a long time... just long enough to complete the dyno run !!!
As for the HP ratings of rods and pistons you quoted above... I agree with Tyler. CRAP !!! I have never seen a "B" series engine make the kind of power you quoted and last long at all with stock pistons, rods... or both.
It is cheaper to plan ahead than fix ALL that gets broken when something fails. Do it right the first time and you can minimize the risk.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks